Bruhin Software is a freelancing company founded by Florian Bruhin.
I finished my Bachelor of Science in computer science at HSR Rapperswil in 2019. I’m now employed part-time at the same place, helping to teach the operating systems courses.
I’m located near Rapperswil, Switzerland.
I’m deeply involved in various open-source software projects. However, I’m pragmatic about it: I always believe in using the right tool for the job and the given circumstances.
Skills and services
I’m an experienced software developer. My main focus is on the following technologies:
- C (including embedded firmware development, since 2011)
- Python (since 2011)
- PyQt / PySide (since 2013)
- pytest (since 2015)
I’ve given trainings about various topics around Python and pytest at conferences and in companies – both as a trainer for Python Academy as well as independently.
Due to my expertise with Python, PyQt/PySide and pytest I’ve seen and experienced a lot of different use-cases and issues around those technologies. I’d be happy to help you getting started, helping you out if you’re stuck or help you follow best practices!
- qutebrowser (keyboard-focused web browser using Python and Qt): Founder, Core Maintainer
(Funded based on donations)
- pytest (python test runner): Maintainer
- herbstluftwm (window manager): Contributor
I also initiated and contributed to a variety of other projects - see my GitHub page for details.
Talks and trainings
- Various talks at conferences before 2016
- Various in-house trainings about pytest/Python/PyQt/PySide in companies
- Introduction to pytest - simple, rapid and fun testing with Python
Europython 2015/2016/2019, PyConDE 2019
training, 1.5h/3h, no slides/recording available
- Testing PySide/PyQt code easily using the pytest framework
Qt World Summit 2019
upcoming talk, 30min, slides
You can find me using one of the following channels: