Bruhin Software is a freelancing company founded by Florian Bruhin and located near Rapperswil, Switzerland.
I’m deeply involved in various open-source software projects. However, I’m pragmatic about it: I always believe in using the right tool for the job and the given circumstances.
Consulting, Training and Development
I’m an experienced software developer. My main focus is on consulting and trainings for the following technologies:
- Python (since 2011)
- Graphical user interfaces with PyQt and PySide / Qt for Python (since 2013)
- Testing with pytest (since 2015)
Due to my expertise with Python, PyQt/PySide and pytest I’ve seen and experienced a lot of different use-cases and issues around those technologies. I’d be happy to help you getting started, helping you out if you’re stuck or help you follow best practices!
I’ve given trainings about various topics around Python and pytest at conferences and in companies – both as a trainer for Python Academy as well as independently. Part-time, I’m working as a research assistant for the Operating Systems course at a Swiss University of Applied Sciences (HSR Rapperswil).
- qutebrowser (Keyboard-focused web browser using Python and Qt): Founder, Core Maintainer (funded based on donations)
- pytest (Python test framework): Maintainer
- herbstluftwm (Window manager, C/C++): Contributor
I also founded and contributed to a variety of other projects - see my GitHub page for details.
Public Talks and Trainings
Upcoming: Python Academy, February 2021
- Professional Testing with Python
- English, 01. to 03. February 2021
- Python Academy, Leipzig and remote
pytest: Test Driven Development für Python
Introduction to pytest - simple, rapid and fun testing with Python
Testing PySide/PyQt code easily using the pytest framework
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s up with the bear paw in the logo?
As the legal form of Bruhin Software is a sole proprietorship business (“Einzelfirma”), it needs to contain my last name, Bruhin. The family coat of arms for Bruhin often contains a bear paw. The logo consists of such a paw symbolizing Bruhin and the “<>"-symbols standing for code/software.
I want to contact you because of a domain name
There is a “Florian Bruhin” from Baar who owns various .ch domain names since around 1996/1997 without them being in use. This is not me, but I get around one enquiry every month from people who want to buy those domains. You should be able to reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to tell me what kind of agreement you did reach (or didn’t reach) after contacting him, I’d be somewhat curious.
Mail / Chat
- Mail: email@example.com
GPG: 916E B0C8 FD55 A072 / the_compiler on keybase
- Telegram: @thecompiler
- Twitter: @the_compiler
- Threema: 5BK3KNPS
- IRC: The-Compiler on Freenode
Please note that I strongly prefer email and my phone is often on “do not disturb”. I’ll usually call back unless I suspect a telemarketing call.
8630 Rüti ZH
- UID: CHE-487.662.607
- CHF/non-EUR: IBAN CH80 0900 0000 8711 8587 3 / PostFinance account 87-118587-3
- EUR: IBAN CH13 0900 0000 9160 4094 6 / PostFinance account 91-604094-6
- BIC (SWIFT): POFICHBEXXX
- Address of bank: PostFinance AG / Mingerstrasse 20 / 3030 Bern / Switzerland